Thursday, May 8, 2008

Memories/Erinnerungen

I took this picture last week only five walk minutes down the street from my parents' house. I am in love with this "peace" of land. This is more than just a photo for me. That's where I walked together with my grandpa as a little girl while he made me sensitive to all the noises of nature. One night when I was about ten years old -- wearing my pajamas and a sweater on top because it was getting cool at night -- he took me to this place where we were very quiet so we could listen to the nightingales sing.
It also reminds me of the foggy mornings when I took my bike to school and passed that tree, my favorite tree, every day. Even back then I thought I should catch that image in a photo one day to keep me reminded of what was important to me 15+ years ago, what affected and will always be part of me.
What you see on the photo is what my child eyes saw. I was always amazed by this land. This photo I took for myself -- a gift to me.

3 comments:

  1. oh RO, what a beautiful beautiful memory, i love the way u wrote this...it is very poetic!! wow, yes, not many ppl have that memory...but u do!! its very precious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Das ist ein schoenes Foto; ja wir alle haben wohl solche Kindheitserinnerungen... im 'Alter' fallen uns immer mehr ein.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sehr schoen!! Was eine schoene und unwiderbringliche Zeit und tolle Erinnerung!

    ReplyDelete